Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading management and marketing agency representing top-tier talent, brands, and marquee properties. We pride ourselves in inclusivity and providing access and opportunity to deserving and motivated students with a passion to work in sports to join our Virtual Fall 2021 Internship Program.
Our Fall Program runs from Monday, September 13th, 2021 (virtual orientation) to approximately mid-December in accordance with academic requirements. All students will be required to participate in an end of semester learning experience project/presentation as well as lunch and learns throughout the semester.
Our Interns must:
· Be eligible to receive academic credit from their respective academic institution;
· Have a junior or senior standing in college, or be in a graduate school program;
· Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
· Submit a copy of your transcript and proof of course credit from your academic institution;
· Submit resume;
· Selected candidates will be scheduled for a video interview immediately after the July 30th application cut-off date (or sooner).
· If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of August 9th.
· The program will begin on September 13th at 12 PM ET.
· 9:00 am‐6:00 pm, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor in accordance with academic requirements (typically a minimum of 25 hours per week, dependent on academic commitment).
Marketing Learning Objectives & Intern Expectations:
· Assists Marketing team with client management, to include the following;
o Planning/logistics for charity events/initiatives, shoots, camps, etc.
o Concierge requests (vacation, flights, restaurant reservations, etc.)
o Client relocation (housing, moving, car transport, etc.)
o Research (for projects, marketing materials, etc.)
· Assists in updating and maintaining current client information and relevant marketing materials;
· Will learn research methods to support recruiting and sales pitches;
· Will gain valuable insight on how Excel’s marketing team operates internally and externally;
· Will gain a general understanding of basic Excel marketing function principles;
· Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings;
· May occasionally be assigned projects outside the Marketing group to gain exposure to other divisions within Excel;
· Will participate in end of year learning experience and capstone project as required of all Excel interns.
Thank you for your interest in Excel!
Best of luck in this process as well as your future endeavors!