Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading management and marketing agency representing top-tier talent, brands, and marquee properties. We pride ourselves in inclusivity and providing access and opportunity to deserving and motivated students with a passion to work in sports to join our Virtual Spring 2022 Internship Program.
Our Spring Program runs from Monday, January 10th, 2022 (virtual orientation) to approximately mid-May in accordance with academic requirements. All students will be available for a minimum of 25 hours per week, dependent on academic commitments, and will be required to participate in an end of semester learning experience project/presentation as well as lunch and learns throughout the semester.
Our Interns must:
- Be eligible to receive academic credit from their respective academic institution;
- Have a junior or senior standing in college, or be in a graduate school program;
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Submit a copy of your transcript and proof of course credit from your academic institution;
- Submit resume;
- Selected candidates will be scheduled for a video interview immediately after the November 1st application cut-off date (or sooner).
- If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of November 15th.
- The program will begin on January 10th at 12:00 PM ET.
- 9:00 am‐6:00 pm, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor in accordance with academic requirements.
Communications Learning Objectives & Intern Expectations:
- Supports in the monitoring of media placements for client coverage;
- Assists the Communications team with research on clients, media outlets and reporters for potential coverage opportunities;
- Will learn to develop and curate innovative storylines for clients;
- Will learn to create and help activate grassroots sports marketing programs for Hospital for Special Surgery;
- Will develop relationships with local reporters and pitch clients for feature stories;
- Assist across the Communications Department to help create pitch opportunities for the agency as well as Brand Marketing clients;
- Will learn to use and utilize public relations programs like Cision to research and develop media lists;
- Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings;
- May occasionally be assigned projects outside the Communications group to gain exposure to other divisions within Excel;
- Will participate in end of year learning experience and capstone project as required of all Excel interns.
Thank you for your interest in Excel!
Best of luck in this process as well as your future endeavors!