Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading management and marketing agency representing top-tier talent, brands, and marquee properties. We pride ourselves in inclusivity and providing access and opportunity to deserving and motivated students with a passion to work in sports to join our Virtual Spring 2022 Internship Program.
Our Spring Program runs from Monday, January 10th, 2022 (virtual orientation) to approximately mid-May in accordance with academic requirements. All students will be required to participate in an end of semester learning experience project/presentation as well as lunch and learns throughout the semester.
Our Interns must:
- Be eligible to receive academic credit from their respective academic institution;
- Have a junior or senior standing in college, or be in a graduate school program;
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Submit a copy of your transcript and proof of course credit from your academic institution;
- Submit resume;
- Selected candidates will be scheduled for a video interview immediately after the November 1st application cut-off date (or sooner).
- If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of November 15th
- The program will begin on January 10th at 12 PM ET.
- 9:00 am‐6:00 pm, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor in accordance with academic requirements (typically a minimum of 25 hours per week, dependent on academic commitment).
Division Learning Objectives & Intern Expectations:
- Will assist the Hospitality team with research and brainstorms to create sponsorship activation, hospitality, and marketing initiatives
- Will learn how to build and maintain positive client relationships that result in increased reliance upon Excel
- Will learn how to develop ideas for engaging event branding, collateral, and on-site materials
- Will learn how to create planning tracking tools and on-site materials: rooming lists, confirmation documents, food and beverage schedule, transportation manifest, etc.
- Assists in the management and data upload/tracking of client deliverables;
- Assists the Hospitality team with confidential client projects;
- Will gain a thorough understanding of the coordination and planning process of marketing events and/or appearances for clients;
- Will learn the process of negotiation and execution of marketing contracts and/or appearances;
- Will learn the process of pitching new brands/clients;
- Will gain cross-functional exposure in the collaboration of client presentations and/or pitches;
- Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings;
- May occasionally be assigned projects outside the Brand Marketing group to gain exposure to other divisions within Excel;
- Will participate in end of year learning experience and capstone project as required of all Excel interns.
Thank you for your interest in Excel!
Best of luck in this process as well as your future endeavors!
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.