Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading management and marketing agency representing top-tier talent, brands, and marquee properties. We pride ourselves in inclusivity and providing access and opportunity to deserving and motivated students with a passion to work in sports to join our Virtual Spring 2022 Internship Program.
Our Spring Program runs from Monday, January 10th, 2022 (virtual orientation) to approximately mid-May in accordance with academic requirements. All students will be available for a minimum of 25 hours per week, dependent on academic commitments, and will be required to participate in an end of semester learning experience project/presentation as well as lunch and learns throughout the semester.
Our Interns must:
- Be eligible to receive academic credit from their respective academic institution;
- Have a junior or senior standing in college, or be in a graduate school program;
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Submit a copy of your transcript and proof of course credit from your academic institution;
- Submit resume;
- Selected candidates will be scheduled for a video interview immediately after the November 1st application cut-off date (or sooner).
- If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of November 15th.
- The program will begin on January 10th at 12:00 PM ET.
- 9:00 am‐6:00 pm, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor in accordance with academic requirements.
Properties Learning Objectives & Intern Expectations:
- Assists the Properties team in drafting company briefs for calls/meetings with decision makers;
- Prospects potential leads across the full Properties client portfolio;
- Reads daily trade news outlets and compiles relevant articles for team review;
- Learns how to identify the right decision-makers and contacts at each targeted company;
- Will gain exposure to the commercial strategy of representing a property and successfully completing the sales process for various marquee sponsorship assets (i.e. NBA jersey patches, stadium naming rights, league partnerships, etc.);
- Will learn how to analyze sports industry trades to generate leads and highlight emerging trends in the sports sponsorship marketplace;
- Will gain a basic understanding of how the agency-property relationship operates;
- Will understand how to position a property in a creative and novel way by developing outreach “hooks” that get the attention of decision-makers;
- Will learn from thought leaders in the property representation space on how to best position marquee assets through advanced storytelling and other presentation methods;
- Will gain a strong understanding of the sports sponsorship marketplace by staying up to date with recent deals, spending trends and industry news;
- Will have full access to the Properties team for career advice and professional guidance;
- Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings;
- May occasionally be assigned projects outside the Properties group to gain exposure to other divisions within Excel;
- Will participate in end of year learning experience and capstone project as required of all Excel interns.
Thank you for your interest in Excel!
Best of luck in this process as well as your future endeavors!