Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading management and marketing agency representing top-tier talent, brands, and marquee properties. We pride ourselves in inclusivity and providing access and opportunity to deserving and motivated students with a passion to work in sports to join our Virtual Spring 2022 Internship Program.
Our Spring Program runs from Monday, January 10th, 2022 (virtual orientation) to approximately mid-May in accordance with academic requirements. All students will be available for a minimum of 25 hours per week, dependent on academic commitments, and will be required to participate in an end of semester learning experience project/presentation as well as lunch and learns throughout the semester.
Our Interns must:
- Be eligible to receive academic credit from their respective academic institution;
- Have a junior or senior standing in college, or be in a graduate school program;
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Submit a copy of your transcript and proof of course credit from your academic institution;
- Submit resume;
- Selected candidates will be scheduled for a video interview immediately after the November 1st application cut-off date (or sooner).
- If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of November 15th.
- The program will begin on January 10th at 12:00 PM ET.
- 9:00 am‐6:00 pm, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor in accordance with academic requirements.
Social Media Learning Objectives & Intern Expectations:
- Assists the Social Media team with content creation, competitive channel monitoring and research projects including divisional highlights;
- Assists the Social Media team with the tracking of client coverage on Excel social to ensure full coverage of roster;
- Learns the importance of C.A.R.E. (consistency, authenticity, relevance and engagement.);
- Will learn how to run and execute a content calendar, to include:
- Create gfx for template items
- Identity dates, holidays, birthdays, for MLB, PGA, NBA, NFL clients, teams and leagues
- Build new calendars
- <e> news distribution
- Will learn how to format content and photos to be published for approved stories and posts;
- Will develop skills needed to identify social media trends and opportunities;
- Will learn how to evaluate social media analytics
- Will develop skills needed to design social media specific graphics;
- Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings;
- May occasionally be assigned projects outside the Social Media/Communications group to gain exposure to other divisions within Excel;
- Will participate in end of year learning experience and capstone project as required of all Excel interns.
Thank you for your interest in Excel!
Best of luck in this process as well as your future endeavors!