Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading management and marketing agency representing top-tier talent, brands, and marquee properties. We pride ourselves in inclusivity and providing access and opportunity to deserving and motivated students with a passion to work in sports to join our Virtual Spring 2022 Internship Program.
Our Spring Program runs from Monday, January 10th, 2022 (virtual orientation) to approximately mid-May in accordance with academic requirements. All students will be available for a minimum of 25 hours per week, dependent on academic commitments, and will be required to participate in an end of semester learning experience project/presentation as well as lunch and learns throughout the semester.
Our Interns must:
- Be eligible to receive academic credit from their respective academic institution;
- Have a junior or senior standing in college, or be in a graduate school program;
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Submit a copy of your transcript and proof of course credit from your academic institution;
- Submit resume;
- Selected candidates will be scheduled for a video interview immediately after the November 1st application cut-off date (or sooner).
- If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of November 15th.
- The program will begin on January 10th at 12 PM ET.
- 9:00 am‐6:00 pm, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor in accordance with academic requirements.
Talent Bookings (Speakers) Learning Objectives & Intern Expectations:
- Assists the Speakers team in researching clients and opportunities for clients including corporations, universities, and associations;
- Assists the Speakers team in marketing Excel’s speakers, to include writing, creating and updating client marketing materials, drafting target marketing distribution lists, and compiling videos and testimonials to support these efforts;
- Learn to identify, research and prospect potential leads, business targets, and speaker targets;
- Will learn the process and develop the skill of building out client itineraries;
- Will stay in the know and help to keep the team updated by reading, compiling, and sharing daily trade press clips, google alerts, and relevant articles;
- Will gain a general understanding of how to sell talent by helping clients create their unique and powerful message, build out a marketing plan and targeted distribution lists;
- Will be exposed to the inner workings of the Speaker industry, as well as the agency and middle agency relationships;
- Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings;
- May occasionally be assigned projects outside the Speakers group to gain exposure to other divisions within Excel;
- Will participate in end of year learning experience and capstone project as required of all Excel interns.
Thank you for your interest in Excel!
Best of luck in this process as well as your future endeavors!