Our Technical Services Division is looking for a Project Coordinator to perform qualified special inspections and manage various special inspection projects in the New York City area.
- Schedule special inspections as requested by the clients.
- Continuous follow-up with clients to learn about the progress of the project to appropriately schedule inspections.
- Perform qualified special inspections to determine structural compliance with specifications, building codes, and other regulations.
- Create, Maintain, and update different spreadsheets related to the project.
- Create various reports from spreadsheets as requested by the supervisor.
- Create inspection report templates and work with special inspectors to complete inspections reports within 72 hours of an inspection.
- Draft invoices and change orders for additional services.
- Master the entire NYC Department of Buildings process of permitting, TR Sign-on, sign-offs, etc., until the completion of the project.
- Reads and interprets adopted codes, technical manuals, drawings, instructions, specifications as related to construction projects.
- Check that all required special inspections are performed and reviewed for completeness. Review testing data and reports for conformance to specifications.
Qualifications, specialized certifications for areas of qualifications possibly including but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture or other qualifying experience or education.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with NYC Building Code, and Special inspection procedures
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- OSHA 10- Hour, Qualification
The company will offer the following benefits:
- Medical/vision insurance plan
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Sick/personal leave
- Profit-sharing 401(k) plan
- Professional development opportunities, including certifications, training, and
- trade association memberships