F. M. KIRBY FOUNDATION INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Sansay House – Morristown, New Jersey
The F. M. Kirby Foundation, a private family foundation based in Morristown, New Jersey, seeks exceptional candidates to work as an intern in the summer of 2021. The intern will be a vital member of a dynamic team, providing support to our grantmaking and day-to-day operations. In this role, the F. M. Kirby Foundation intern will interface with our staff, our non-profit grantees, and our philanthropic partners, exposing him or her to a wide variety of industries and careers. This is a paid internship opportunity. Pending public health guidelines, this will be a full-time, ten-week, in-person internship.
ABOUT THE F. M. KIRBY FOUNDATION
The F. M. Kirby Foundation aims to manage and utilize effectively that which has been entrusted to it over multiple generations of the Kirby family. It strives to make thoughtful and prudent philanthropic commitments to highly selective grantee partners. The goal is to invest in opportunities that foster self-reliance or otherwise create strong, healthy communities. The Foundation’s grantees are largely located in geographic areas of family significance and are engaged in one of the seven areas of interest: arts, culture, and humanities; education; environment and animals; health; human services; public affairs; and religion.
- Conduct research and analysis on projects core to the foundation’s interests
- Participate in site visits
- Assist in development of new communication tools
- Assist in contact and database management for the foundation
- Assist in preparation for Board meetings
- Assist in development of grantee survey tool
- Report weekly on projects and progress
- Provide general foundation support as directed
The well-qualified applicant will:
- Be responsible, punctual, and self-aware
- Have strong writing skills
- Have excellent research skills
- Be a flexible and curious learner
- Work well with others
- Be computer literate, and have familiarity wi
- Be self-motivated
- Be a rising junior or rising senior in college (or equivalent in credits) (preferred, but other candidates will be considered)
- Be available for approximately 8-10 weeks in summer 2021
- Have experience with social media and/or database/website software
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to Linda Daddario at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The final date to apply is March 15th.
The F. M. Kirby Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.