FABSCRAP is a start-up nonprofit rethinking textile waste in the fashion, interior design, and entertainment industries in NYC. We provide convenient pickup of unwanted fabric and actively engage the local creative community in reuse.
The Online Store Coordinator will oversee our online store! Under the direction of the Creative Director, you will be responsible for: uploading and managing our online store inventory, fulfilling online orders, and phenomenal customer service.
We’re growing rapidly and need administrative, operational, and strategic assistance. We’re a small team and everyone contributes beyond their core responsibilities. Teamwork and initiative are a must! Because of the start-up nature of our work, things move quickly, and you’ll have real ownership to define and refine procedures. We are excited for someone to be creative in this role and grow with us.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
A) Photographing/Editing Merchandise
a. Capture and edit images according to outlined weekly goals
b. Achieve a consistent look and feel to all photographs
c. Edit photos for color, lighting, and size
d. Organize and save images on hard drive weekly
B) Upload Digital Online Item listings to Ecommerce
a. draft text descriptions of merchandise to communicate qualities such as color, fiber content, fabric weight, etc
b. complete each listing with appropriate tags, matching url’s, cropped images, etc
C) Managing Digital Online Store Inventory on Ecommerce
a. Maintain a current presentation of inventory and update stock levels or images as needed
b. Update Master Style Log when new merchandise is added and/or retired
D) Managing Physical Online Store Inventory at the Shop
a. under the Director of Reuse, prepare inventory as needed for the online store by measuring, sorting, packaging, or re-rolling product
b. Upkeep online stock system and workplace areas at the Shop
E) Online Order Fulfillment
a. Creating thoughtful and accurate fabric packs, with special attention to customer requests
b. Packaging orders, creating shipping labels, and scheduling pick-ups with USPS and FEDEX
c. Prioritizing the timely fulfillment of all orders
F) Customer Service
a. Responding to questions, understanding their needs, and sharing appropriate suggestions
b. Turning any frustrated customer to a happy customer with empathy and tact
c. Creating potential sales and promotions for the online store based on observed trends
G) Data and Growth
a. Track and monitor sales and analytics
b. Contribute ideas for innovative promotions, marketing, or overall enhancements to the online store experience
Shopping at FABSCRAP means so much more than purchasing fabric from any other retailer. A successful Online Store Consultant will make sure every customer understands our mission, why using recovered fabric is important, and leave them feeling special for contributing to our industry-changing work, so much so that they feel informed and empowered to share their experience with others!
OTHER ACTIVITIES (AS NEEDED)
- Communicating what supplies and material are needed to effectively oversee the online store
- Meticulous record-keeping
- Working at FABSCRAP events
- Availability when extra hands are needed at the Reuse Shop
- Represent FABSCRAP appropriately, honestly, and with a positive attitude
- Provide strategic feedback often to help FABSCRAP grow and succeed
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must have experience in product photography and photo editing*
- Must have confident knowledge of fibers and fabrics, and their uses*
- Prior customer service experience is preferred
- Must be an active listener and an honest, open over-communicator
- Extreme attention to detail and organization, bordering on compulsive, means you’ll fit in great here!
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills – efficient but accurate work is required!
- This role requires regular lifting of at least 40-50 pounds and lots of time on your feet
Send resume and cover letter to directors[at]fabscrap.org with the subject: ONLINE STORE CONSULTANT APP – (your name). Please tell us WHY you want to work at FABSCRAP! Deadline is 2/26 at Noon Eastern Time