The Help Desk Support provides on-demand technical assistance and support for all users in the FPCN network via telephone or in-person. This includes software, hardware and operational support to ensure minimal down time and greatest staff productivity. In addition, the Help Desk Support will install and maintain computer systems including software and hardware; installing and testing of basic network infrastructure equipment including switches, routers, servers, and associated cabling; and determining causes of computer/ software/network malfunctions through evaluation and testing and resolution via modifications, repair, or external support assistance.
Team members are expected uphold the health center mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, and meets with a high degree of satisfaction. In addition, staff must support FPCN’s commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
- Maintain FPCN staff and computer equipment
- Provide solid end-user support through a variety of methods, including desk side, phone, remote control and email support
- Resolve and close work orders in the IT Department Help Desk system
- Perform necessary operating system software upgrades, updated virus protection, and HIPAA compliant upgrades
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues relating to PCs, Notebooks, Wireless, smart phones, etc.
- Provide 24×7 on-call support for all critical systems
- Facilitate the complete and operational setup of desktop PCs and applications access (EPM.EMR, Email, MS Suite) for all new hires within the agreed upon timeframe
- Provide technology orientation to newly hired employees including use of email, access to file sharing and individual file storage locations
- Support a wide Terminal server environment
- Visit each FPCN site/location to provide onsite I.T. support (to be scheduled by Director)
- Provide documentation and administrative support
- Proactively identify potential problems and advise management of more serious issues and problem trends
- Develop and maintain all necessary documentation for supporting the desktop environment
- Assure compliance to standards for all systems
- Work closely with cross functional groups to plan, research and execute enterprise projects
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned within the scope of work defined as IT
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science OR related technical certifications OR related experience
- 2-3 years of technical/IT experience preferred
- An understanding of Windows operating systems, Networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN, E-Mail, Terminal Server and general office applications
- Understanding of healthcare information technology (including electronic health records) as it relates to daily operations of a health center
- Must be able and willing to travel around to all of FPCN sites via a personal vehicle or public transportation (travel expenses reimbursed)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must possess the ability to interact respectfully with diverse cultural and socio-economic populations.
- Ability to effectively develop and nurture relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to meet goals and timelines.
- Must be a team player.