FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team!
To provide guidance and supervision of children/adolescents in a residential setting. To assist each resident to make decisions about daily life, conduct and
discipline within the boundaries of Agency policy and the requirements of the contractual agreement with the Department of Children, Youth and Family. To provide an environment that promotes the physical and mental well being of each child. Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Trauma Systems Therapy (TST) in the milieu setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work related field or significant residential/childcare experience required.
- Willingness and capability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as scheduled at any one of the Children’s Services Program locations.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, racial and socioeconomic issues.
- Capabilities to implement appropriate child management techniques, which may include use of passive physical restraint.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The position requires reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, registration, inspection and driving record. In addition, the reliable transportation must have a minimum of three seats in addition to the driver’s seat.
This position requires community visits, employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Travel to and from community locations and residential site locations, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to perform restraint techniques if needed and deal with physically aggressive people.
Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities. Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.