FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for under served individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHT team.
A perfect opportunity for Newport County or surrounding area residents who are looking for a flexible work schedule! The hours may include 1 to 2 shifts Monday through Friday, shifts every other weekend and/or some overnight sleep shifts. Limited holiday hours are required. Successful applicants will have good oral, written, and electronic communication skills. The perfect candidate will have experience working with women and children and/or in residential settings. To provide supervision of women/children in an emergency shelter setting. To maintain the safety of residents, to make sure all house rules are being followed according to the Policy & Procedures Manual. To provide an environment that promotes the physical and mental well being of each Resident.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work related field or significant residential/childcare experience required.
- Willingness and capability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as scheduled.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, racial and socioeconomic issues.
- Capabilities to implement appropriate child management techniques, which may include use of passive physical restraint.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The position requires reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, registration, inspection and driving record.
Physical Requirements: This position requires community visits, employees in this position must have the ability to:
- Travel if needed to and from community locations and other FSRI sit locations, which could include using walkways, stairs and/or elevators.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities.
Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.