FSRI is always looking for candidates that want to make a positive impact on the community we serve in!
Family Service of Rhode Island (FSRI) is a comprehensive non-profit social service organization that manages, through thoughtful coordination and a shared vision, programs across Rhode Island, providing essential resources for underserved individuals, families and communities. We are proud to state that our employees are chosen for their skills and unique abilities relating to client care. Consider being a part of the BEST and BRIGHTEST team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To provide supervision of families and children in an emergency shelter setting. To maintain the safety of residents, to make sure all house rules are being followed according to the Policy & Procedures Manual. To provide an environment that promotes the physical and mental well-being of each Resident.
- Provide a pattern of conduct so as to be a positive model of adult behavior with residents.
- Interact with residents to encourage their involvement in all phases of the shelter program.
- Enforce rules and policies in an explicit and consistent way.
- Maintains a respectful and positive environment for both residents and staff.
- Monitor activities within the building and immediate surrounding property.
- Oversee resident’s completion of daily chores, weekly chores and community service.
- Maintain appropriate program logs, progress notes and all other documentation as required.
- Establish and maintain a positive professional relationship with residents, co-workers, other social service providers, community trades people, neighbors and volunteers who affect the daily operation of the shelter.
- Attend staff meetings, in-service training/workshops, or any special meeting required.
- Provide emergency or crisis intervention techniques when necessary.
- Adhere to all requirements as mandated by contractual agreements and as set forth in state regulatory manuals.
- Provide coverage/ support for shifts as needed per Operations Manager.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Operations Manager.
Only together can we continue to grow and make a difference in our communities.
Join our team today!
Family Service of Rhode Island provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.