FANDEX GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Job Location: Online: This is an online work opportunity.
As the FANDEX Sports Graphics Designer, you will create and edit high-quality graphics for all sports related content and contribute to the day-to-day objectives of the Digital Communications Department. You will assist social media directors and sports journalists in bringing their ideas to life in a creative and exciting way.
The ideal candidate is an avid sports fan and aspiring graphics creator who is passionate about making interesting sports images that tell a story and knows how to make images in the optimal format for Instagram (1×1) and YouTube (16×9).
- Create & edit images for social media channels and affiliate sites
- Utilize optimal practices for creating graphics and continuously research the market
- Stay up to date with the latest technology, platforms, and best practice
- Brainstorm new ways to improve and optimize content
- Create Unique graphics to be used throughout the FANDEX website
- Create content to simplify the learning experience for new users
- Able to operate a wide range of assignments. Organization, efficiency, attention to detail, and planning skills are required
- Strong image editing skills, ambitious, and driven for success
- Experience using Photoshop, a similar image editing app, or the willingness to learn
- Showcases outstanding verbal/written communication skills with timely follow up
- Credible knowledge about teams and active players in at least two major professional sports
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of social media content that appeals to sports fans
- Can thrive in an environment that requires quick turnaround results (flexible hours)
- Comfortable working alone without supervision
- Social media savant (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Good understanding of common computer & mobile applications (Email, Google Apps, Mobile apps)
- Flexible work schedule, perfect for a student. Work from anywhere you have a connection.
- This is an unpaid internship, although we are happy to work with your school to provide you with internship credit, and there is potential for a future paid role in a growing start-up
- Familiarity with the sports Instagram/YouTube community
- Proven experience creating appealing sports-related images
- Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- G Suite Applications (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Hangouts, Drive, and Gmail)
- Adding graphics to video also preferred
FANDEX is the integrated synthetic stock exchange for team and individual sports allowing fans to win both cash and prizes by trading shares in their account. CNBC meets ESPN. Designed by Duke and Stanford students to enhance the gaming and gambling experience for leagues, teams, content providers and most importantly sports fans is at the core of FANDEX’s DNA. Buy, sell and short your favorite teams and athletes, in-season and out-of-season 24/7/365. Our proprietary technology and patent pending pricing mechanism (EPP™) was developed with the sports fan’s experience, casual and fanatic, as the primary focus. FANDEX allows fans to monetize their team and sport interests like never before.
FANDEX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, identity, disability, or protected veteran status. FANDEX fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people will help us grow, innovate, and establish FANDEX as one of the greatest sports content platforms in this rising digital era.
* You must be legal to work in the United States.*
- Submit Resume detailing previous experience
- Optional Cover Letter explaining why you would be a great fit
- Optional portfolio demo/link video
- Optional link to LinkedIn profile
- Send the above or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org