Job Location: Online: This is a remote work opportunity.
As the FANDEX NHL Writer/Analyst, you will create high-quality NHL content and contribute to the Hockey objectives of the sports content department.
The ideal candidate is an avid Hockey fan and aspiring NHL writer who is passionate about creating articles and short videos that send compelling messages backed up with factual evidence and entertaining Tweets, Graphics, etc.
- Create written NHL articles and short videos that fit FANDEX’s format as seen throughout the website
- Stay up to date with the latest hockey media platforms, including FANDEX
- Be able to relate relevant team news and data to the respective stock values on the FANDEX trading platform.
- Add necessary substance to writings in the form of links, numerical evidence, videos, graphics, etc. to support the argument being made
- Organization, efficiency, and attention to detail are required
- Strong written skills, ambitious, and driven for success
- Some type of experience writing sports articles
- Showcases outstanding verbal/written communication skills with timely follow up
- Credible knowledge about teams and active players in the NHL
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of sports media content that appeals to sports fans
- Can thrive in an environment that requires quick turnaround results
- Comfortable working alone without supervision
- Coachable to constructive criticism with a constant desire to improve
- Good understanding of common computer & mobile applications (Email, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Mobile apps)
- Flexible work schedule, perfect for a student. Work remote from anywhere you have a connection.
- This is an unpaid internship, although we are happy to work with your school to provide you with internship credit, and there is potential for a future paid role in a fast-growing start-up
- Credible knowledge about teams and their players
- Social media savant (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Familiarity with the sports Instagram/Twitter community
- Proven experience creating appealing sports content that sends an effective message(s)
- Proven experience adding links, videos, & graphics into sports articles
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- G Suite Applications (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, and Gmail)
FANDEX is the integrated synthetic stock exchange for team and individual sports allowing fans to win both cash and prizes by trading shares in their account. CNBC meets ESPN. Designed by Duke and Stanford students to enhance the gaming and gambling experience for leagues, teams, content providers and most importantly sports fans is at the core of FANDEX’s DNA. Buy, sell and short your favorite teams and athletes, in-season and out-of-season 24/7/365. Our proprietary technology and patent pending pricing mechanism (EPP™) was developed with the sports fan’s experience, casual and fanatic, as the primary focus. FANDEX allows fans to monetize their team and sport interests like never before.
FANDEX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, identity, disability, or protected veteran status. FANDEX fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people will help us grow, innovate, and establish FANDEX as one of the greatest sports content platforms in this rising digital era.
* You must be legal to work in the United States.*
- Submit Resume detailing previous experience
- Optional Cover Letter explaining why you would be a great fit
- Optional portfolio demo/link to article(s)
- Optional link to LinkedIn profile
- Send the above or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org