The Education Department at Farm Sanctuary works to educate youth and adults about the lives of farmed animals and interrelated issues of oppression in our food system and to inspire and support transitional steps toward vegan living. This is accomplished through community learning programs and education at our sanctuaries, online, and in the classroom. This internship provides a unique opportunity to gain skills and experience in the animal protection field and to contribute to a dynamic team working toward a more just and sustainable food system.
- Research and writing to support education programs including curriculum resources for teachers, youth advocacy, in-classroom humane education presentations, and our community learning program
- School, summer camp, and teacher outreach projects
- Administrative support for education program
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s goals and programs
- Commitment to equity and social justice
- Knowledgeable about the lives of farm animals, interrelated issues of our food system, and/or veganism
- Great communication and outreach skills
- Strong writing skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer and internet research skills
- Hard-working and dependable
- Able to work well independently
Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.
- Volunteer commitment of 40 hours per week
- One- to three-month commitment required, three-month internships preferred
- Personal laptop required for internship
- Opportunity to learn non-profit education functions
- Opportunity to learn about Farm Sanctuary programs
- Working with individuals who have a shared passion for animal rights
- Gain valuable experience to support interest in future non-profit employment, especially within vegan, animal advocacy, and sanctuary organizations
- Further the goals and mission of Farm Sanctuary to benefit farm animals
- Opportunity to virtually participate in weekly educational presentations offered to all Farm Sanctuary interns
Farm Sanctuary is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or age.