Applicants must apply to this position through the USAJOBS website.
This position is located in the Division of Administration, Human Resources Branch, Atlanta, GA Regional Office of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and is responsible for administering a broad range of human resource management programs, including recruitment and placement, classification and compensation, work life, and information systems.
The Human Resources Specialist will perform administrative and technical tasks primarily in support of staffing, placement, corporate recruitment, operations, and employee development. Major duties:
- Analyzing position descriptions and work with HR clients to develop job analyses, selective placement requirements, and recruitment options to fill positions. Drafting vacancy announcements using automated staffing tool. Manage the Subject Matter Expert review of qualifications. Rating and ranking applicant. Issuing certificates of referral.
- Processing new hire selections, initiate background investigations, and establish pay setting. Draft offer letters and work with client to establish start dates. Retaining staffing documentation in a case file according to records retention policies.
- Reviewing agency directives, Federal laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to the functions of staffing and placement in order to maintain awareness of new or amended guidance.
- Processing a full range of personnel and payroll actions using human resources information systems and various applications from the FDIC servicing provider. Reconciling the systems as necessary.
- Using government issued purchase card to pay for trainings submitted by employees through the FDIC Personal Learning Account in accordance with FDIC training and purchase guidelines. Completing monthly reconciliation of purchase card payments confirming presence of required documentation to authorize buys. Generate reports, routine and ad-hoc, of mandated training courses.
- Preparing a variety of reports using the human resources information system, including reports on productivity, annual goals and objectives, and other information. Preparing reports and assemble statistical data on a variety of items associated with the human resources management function. Tracking and maintaining tickler system for pay adjustments, conversions, extensions, and awards.
- Responding to employee inquiries regarding the status of personnel or pay actions. Providing advice and assistance to the staff and clients regarding the human resources information systems and various “self-service” HR related applications.
- Conducting new employee orientation. Delivering presentations and participating in staff meetings.
- Communicating and interacting with internal clients and external organizations relating to HR matters.