Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
What we do:
The Federal Reserve Bank of NY’s (FRBNY) Markets Group mission is to implement market operations, monitor and analyze global financial market developments, execute lender of last resort operations for the Second district and collateral valuation services to the Federal Reserve System (FRS), provide infrastructure and financial services for foreign and international monetary authorities, and to provide capital market-related fiscal agency services to the U.S. Treasury.
The Data Management Office (DMO) provides data services to the Markets Group and performs a set of support and data management services related to activities that centered around Security Master reference data, Data Warehouse data content, Time Series tick-level data, various analytical data marts, and end-user support of data analytical tools. DMO services and activities are centered on three core functions: Data Operational Support, Data Stewardship Support, and Vendor Management Support.
Your role as Data Management Associate:
Reporting to the Data Management Manager, you will work as an independent contributor whose skills traverse DMO services and activities. You will collaborate with stakeholders and team members on multiple projects, issue resolution and enhancements to develop requirements for new data flows and resolve content issues to ensure data integrity by performing data validation analyses. You will work with your team to establish data quality assessments and end-user support capabilities including; identifying and incorporating data quality rules at all stages of the data flows, developing SQL code to extract data, and establish and maintain metadata and business glossaries. You will foster a climate of openness by developing relationships with business and technology partners across the organization to understand data requirements, support decisions, and translate needs into conceptual data models.
· Support assigned data subject and services, and associated system enhancements, implementation, and maintenance
· Use technology to extract and analyze raw data
· Provide data that is congruent, reliable, and easily accessible by end-users
· Prepare impact assessments resulting from code and data model changes, develop test scenarios, and write and execute test scripts
· Maintain reference documentation on data content, rules and transformations
· Respond to and resolve data inquiries from interfacing partners
· Perform ad-hoc data profiling and analysis services to help determine that data is ‘fit for purpose’; analysis is also used to inform the development of user views and data quality rules
· Provide end-user training on Centrally Managed data, and assist using data visualization tools
What we are looking for:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information System, or other related field or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of IT or business work experience, and knowledge of data quality assurance, data analysis, data mining techniques, and data preparation software
· Experience using SQL, TOAD, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ), Alteryx, Spotfire, Matlab, SAS, R, Python and Tableau
· Exposure to Business Intelligence and Time Series tools, and metadata management theories, principles, and practices
· Experience working with market data providers, specifically dealing with data quality issues and resolutions
· Familiarity with financial markets and transactions, fixed income products (US Treasuries/Agencies/Agency Mortgage Backed Securities/Foreign Sovereign Debt), and market data providers (Bloomberg, Reuters/Treasury Direct)
· This position requires U.S. Citizenship
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
· Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
· Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
· Subsidized Public Transportation Program
· Tuition Assistance Program
· Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
· Flexible Work Arrangements
· And more
This position requires access to certain sensitive information and is therefore limited to individuals who are U.S. Citizens. Candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and will be tested for all controlled substances prohibited by federal law, to include marijuana.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.