The Front End Development Intern will join a team of web developers and UX designers in the Information & Technology Management (ITM) group and will participate in building, updating, and maintaining features and functions of intranets for the Division of Monetary Affairs. The intern will gain experience using a design system customized for the division. This internship will help the team expand functions of our development process and enhance features of our design system. This is an excellent opportunity for a student to enhance their portfolio with real world experience.
Over the course of the internship, you may participate in:
- Developing custom front-end features using our design system guidance.
- Suggesting improvements to our development cycle.
- Gaining knowledge writing front-ends on top of M365 Technologies.
- Creating working prototypes in an iterative development environment.
- Working in an Agile inspired system that supports teamwork and project velocity.
- Learning the basics of accessibility and inclusive development practices and how they apply to digital products at the Board.
- Learning to communicate with other devs & designers (and help us improve that process where possible.)
- Expanding experience in web development in environments built on M365 and On-Prem SharePoint.
Qualifications – External
Who We’re Looking for
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in Computer Science (CS), Software Engineering (SE) or a related field.
- Passionate about writing clean code. reusability and building libraries for future use.
- Interested in optimizing applications for scalability and speed.
- Loves shipping features that are immediately used by our clients.
- Enjoys understanding our end users and what would make their day to day processes easier and seeks to iterate on new products based on client feedback.
- Willingness to work with colleagues from many different disciplines and experience levels.
- Ability to articulate thoughts to design and technical staff, as well as stakeholders.
- Analytical, organizational, leadership, and communication skills, along with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- This internship can be completed virtually.
- US Citizenship is required.
- You must be a current student, graduating Fall 2022 or later.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, unless a legally required exemption applies.