The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System’s (Board’s) Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducts information technology (IT) audits and evaluations of the Board and the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection’s (Bureau’s) programs and operations to assess the effectiveness of Board and Bureau information security programs. The IT Audit Intern will assist in conducting IT-related audits and evaluations of the Board and Bureau programs and operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists as a team member on IT audits, evaluations, inspections, or other reviews.
- May support the team in conducting its planning activities for the applicable review to establish the appropriate objectives, scope and methodology, which is a key preliminary step in our reviews.
- Interfaces with other Board division representatives, Reserve Bank officials, or Bureau officials while executing roles and responsibilities.
- Assists in data gathering and analysis.
- Assists in preparing workpapers in support of the team’s reports. Also will assist the team in developing the findings and message for the applicable review.
- Participates in presentations to OIG senior management, providing the opportunity to evaluate appropriateness of findings and message(s) resulting from the review.
Qualifications – External
- Information technology, computer science, or related fields, either graduate or undergraduate.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, data analysis skills, as well as intellectual curiosity and professional skepticism.
- Strong and highly adaptable problem solving skills.
This internship can be completed virtually, with the potential for on-site collaboration opportunities.
US Citizenship is required for all Board internships and applicants must be current students, graduating from their program fall 2022 or later.
Full vaccination is required as a condition of employment, unless a legally required exception applies.
Required Documents for Application
Unofficial transcript and two letters of recommendation required.
Upperclassmen (juniors/seniors) and graduate students desired.
Find out more about the OIG –
- What We Do – https://oig.federalreserve.gov/it-what-we-do.htm
- FISMA – https://oig.federalreserve.gov/fisma.htm
- FAQs – https://oig.federalreserve.gov/faq-about-oig.htm#information-technology
Learn more about our internship program – https://www.federalreserve.gov/careers-internships.htm