This Co-op position will be involved in direct support for FedEx Ground’s largest ecommerce customers and in the implementation of FedEx Ground’s ecommerce strategy. Areas of focus will include supporting the Customer Experience Product team, Customer Data and Analytics, Network Planning and Logistics.
The ideal candidates would be majoring in computer science, information sciences, or engineering.
This position can be domiciled anywhere in the U.S.
Performs activities related to his/her field of study while obtaining experience working in a corporate environment. Participates in various networking and/or community service events. In some intern/co-op opportunities, the following may apply: Performs various activities related to functional area projects including, but not limited to, researching, evaluating, and testing; planning and executing small projects; and conducting research and testing as a part of larger project teams. Develops processes and programs to support the functional area.
• Supports and plans work on small projects with direction from management.
• Assists management and other department personnel to support larger projects (e.g., managing project schedule and status reporting).
• May assume the duties normally performed in the department, alongside professionals who perform these roles.
• Works with various departments and/or vendors to gather information needed for various projects.
• Presents project results to management and/or department personnel.
• Performs analytical work within the assigned functional area.
• Conducts research using the internet and other sources of information.
• Creates or updates systems or databases for specific department needs.
• One (1) year of education at an accredited college, university or technical school (must be currently enrolled).
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD software may be required for some positions.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
• Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce