This positions can be domiciled anywhere in the U.S.
The ideal candidate would be majoring in engineering or computer science.
This is a Spring 2022 co-op position. This is a full time, 40 hour a week co-op. This would be the first rotation out of a total of 2-3 rotations.
Performs activities related to his/her field of study while obtaining experience working in a corporate environment. Participates in various networking and/or community service events. In some intern/co-op opportunities, the following may apply: Performs various activities related to functional area projects including, but not limited to, researching, evaluating, and testing; planning and executing small projects; and conducting research and testing as a part of larger project teams. Develops processes and programs to support the functional area.
• Supports and plans work on small projects with direction from management.
• Assists management and other department personnel to support larger projects (e.g., managing project schedule and status reporting).
• May assume the duties normally performed in the department, alongside professionals who perform these roles.
• Works with various departments and/or vendors to gather information needed for various projects. • Presents project results to management and/or department personnel.
• Performs analytical work within the assigned functional area.
• Conducts research using the internet and other sources of information.
• Creates or updates systems or databases for specific department needs.
• One (1) year of education at an accredited college, university or technical school (must be currently enrolled).
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD software may be required for some positions.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
• Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce