Boomerangs, a chain of thrift stores operated by the AIDS Action Committee, is seeking a Sales Associate (24-30 hours per week) to join the team in our boutique thrift store located in Boston’s South End. Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the Sales Associate provides exceptional customer service and assist with day to day store operations.
- Greet and assist customers in a friendly manner, and provide exceptional customer service
- Accurately process cash and credit sales at point of sale (POS) system
- Help with cleaning tasks to maintain a neat, safe work environment
- Assist with stocking, merchandising and organization of the sales floor
- Be knowledgeable of current promotional events and sales
- Be familiar with and follow store policies and procedures, including loss prevention procedures
- Meet agency participatory expectations
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Knowledge of current trends and pricing in antiques and collectibles as well as familiarity with current retailers, both discount and high end, preferred
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate in English. Additional languages a plus
- Ability to work on a team and take direction from management
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality required
- Flexible availability including morning, evening, and weekend availability preferred
- Basic knowledge of HIV/AIDS and sensitivity to issues surrounding the HIV/AIDS epidemic
Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Ability to stand for an entire shift
- Ability to lift 15+ lbs.
To learn more about Boomerangs, please visit www.shopboomerangs.org!
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, a retirement plan with employer match, paid time off, and more.
LGBTQ-identified persons, people of color, and others from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.