Fermilab is America’s premier laboratory for particle physics and accelerator research, funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. We support discovery science experiments in Illinois and at locations around the world, including deep underground mines in South Dakota and Canada, mountaintops in Arizona and Chile, and the South Pole.
We are strategic innovators and collaborators. We are engineers, scientists, technicians, administrative professionals. We are 1,800 employees advancing knowledge for the benefit of humankind. Fermilab has been at the forefront of particle physics for more than 40 years. We build world-leading accelerators and detectors to conduct some of the most sophisticated particle physics experiments possible. We collect and analyze the data from those experiments with some of the most powerful computers in the world. We conduct this research on a 6,800-acre prairie, 35 miles outside Chicago, a treasure that has been designated a National Environmental Research Park.
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory seeks a highly qualified candidate for a Building Automation Operator position in its Building and Support Systems
- Be responsible for high levels of customer happiness through direct, on-site customer interface.
- Supervise, diagnose, and respond to alarms from the campus central building management systems. Will utilize Niagara Tridium and Johnson METASYS building management systems (BMS) to troubleshoot and diagnose responses to multiple environmental systems including package equipment, air handlers, chillers, boilers, and heat exchangers;
- Evaluate heating and cooling problems, resolve appropriate corrective actions including issuing work orders and dispatching and presenting with field personnel
- Read and interpret graphics and sequences of operation and make system adjustments via the BMS
- Maintain data integrity of all calls, alarms, and actions using a computerized maintenance management system
- Operate communications equipment
- Establish alarms and distribution of such
- Diagnose sophisticated HVAC and other mechanical utility system malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test modifications in building systems software
- Handle related duties as needed.
- Be reachable outside of regular business hours for emergency response as needed.
We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years+ of validated experience in Building Automation Systems preferably Johnson Controls Metasys.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and tackle sophisticated problems.
- Generally, required knowledge includes electronics, facilities management systems, site preparation, peripheral equipment installation, and servicing techniques.
- Proficient in high-level troubleshooting.
- Specialist in Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- No travel required.
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
Human Factors: Heavy Lifting, Heights, Mental Concentration, Repetitive Motion, Sitting, Standing, Tight Work Schedule, Vibrating Equipment, Visually Demanding, Work Outdoors.
Chemical Factors: Dust and Fumes.
Physical Factors: Confined Space, Environment-cold, Environment-hot, Environment-wet, High Noise Level, and High Voltage.
PPE: Eye/Face Protection, Foot Protection, Hand Protection, Hearing Protection, and Respirators.
Fermilab is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underrepresented groups/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.