This summer get paid to make a positive impact, develop professional skills, and have FUN!
Located in the Lakes Region of southwest Maine, Fernwood Cove is a girls’ half-season overnight summer camp. We are currently hiring enthusiastic and creative young adults to work as activity instructors and camp counselors. Kayaking and Canoeing counselors work alongside other paddling instructors to teach open water paddling and introductory whitewater paddling skills. Strong knowledge and experience in kayaking and/or canoeing is required. Fernwood Cove counselors also assist in leading other camp activities, events, and programs.
American Red Cross Lifeguard certification is provided for all Fernwood Cove Waterfront staff. Additional specialized training related to working in the outdoors, youth development, and recreation are also provided.
Paid internship and other academic credit opportunities are available and encouraged.
Seasonal lodging, meals, and laundry service are included with all camp counselor positions.
- Prior paddling experience required. Experience on whitewater preferred.
- Paddling instructor/coaching qualifications preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience working with youth preferred.
- Prior experience working at summer camp preferred.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. required.
- Ability to traverse uneven and hilly terrain, work in an outdoor environment in various weather conditions, and maintain a high level of activity throughout the day required.
Top Reasons To Work At Fernwood Cove This Summer:
- Develop valuable leadership, communication, time management, and problem solving skills while making lifelong friendships.
- Serve as a mentor and role model to Fernwood Cove Campers and CITs.
- Join a safe and supportive global community with a focus on personal growth for all campers, CITs and staff.
- Work in the beautiful surroundings of Maine alongside young adults with a similar drive and passion to make an impact as yourself.