This summer get paid to make a positive impact, develop professional skills, and have FUN!
Located in the Lakes Region of southwest Maine, Fernwood Cove is a girls’ half-season overnight summer camp. We are currently hiring enthusiastic and creative young adults to work as leaders and mentors in our Teen Leadership Program. Instructors empower today’s teens through a hands-on, experiential leadership development program. The Teen Leadership Program Instructors develop and facilitate all aspects of the full-summer program including skills-based learning sessions, completing observations and providing feedback, mentoring and guiding participants, and creating a supportive and cohesive team.
This role is ideal for anyone interested in working with teens, particularly in the education, recreation, or counseling and social work fields. Prior experience working with youth and teens is required. And prior experience developing and leading activities and programs in a recreation or summer camp setting is preferred. Applicants with current certifications in health and safety, coaching, counseling, or instructor level qualifications are highly desired.
This paid internship is tailored to fit the personal and academic goals of the student. Interns work directly under the supervision of a seasoned fulltime Associate Director. Interns can expect to work approximately 60 hours per week in our residential camp setting and obtain experience in all aspects of program development and implementation and other aspects of camp operations.
Seasonal lodging, meals, and laundry service are included.
Top Reasons To Work At Fernwood Cove This Summer:
- Develop valuable leadership, communication, time management, and problem solving skills while making lifelong friendships.
- Receive extensive site-specific training and have opportunities for specialized training and certifications.
- Serve as a mentor and role model to Fernwood Cove Campers and CITs.
- Join a safe and supportive global community with a focus on personal growth for all campers, CITs and staff.
- Work in the beautiful surroundings of Maine alongside young adults with a similar drive and passion to make an impact as yourself.