FAM Construction, LLC is a joint venture between Ferrovial Agroman and Allan Myers. Ferrovial has been active in the North American transportation industry since 1999. Ferrovial’s experience includes some of the largest, most complex transportation projects in the United States. Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction company and materials provider in the Mid-Atlantic.
Together they have been awarded the Transform I-66 Outside the Beltway project, this project involves multi-modal improvements to 22.5 miles of I-66 corridor from I-495 in Fairfax
County to University Boulevard in Prince William County. The project features two express lanes alongside three regular lanes in each direction, with space in the median for future transit; corridor-wide bike and pedestrian improvements; and safety and operational improvements at key interchanges throughout the corridor.
Responsible for QA/QC documents of the complete project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered, and other important QA/QC documents.
- Review the quality of all materials at the site and ensure compliance with all project specifications and quality and collaborate with the department for all material procurement and maintain a quality of materials.
- Supervise the effective implementation of all test and inspection schedules and ensure adherence to all procedures and coordinate with various teams to perform quality audits on processes.
- Assist with employees to ensure knowledge of all quality standards and ensure compliance to all quality manuals and procedures and collaborate with contractors and suppliers to maintain the quality of all systems.
- Manage to lift all types of equipment and handle the efficient storage of all hazardous materials and perform quality audits as per the required schedule.
- Analyze all products and non-conformance processes and evaluate all documents to ensure the maintenance of optimal quality and prepare monthly reports to evaluate performance.
- Monitor an efficient system and record for all project activities and analyze all processes to ensure all work according to quality requirements.
- Manage all work methods and maintain knowledge on all quality assurance standards and monitor continuous application for all quality assurance processes and recommend corrective actions for all processes.
- Develop a method statement for the activity including risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis and Inspection Test Plan and Checklist based on specifications of the project.
- Liaise the Technical Engineer for submission of material submittals to Consultant
- Coordinate with the consultant’s representative and Site In-charge for inspection.
- Report to the QA/QC Manager, control, and monitor all activities related to quality
- College Education considered desirable.
- Experience in construction highway work considered valuable but not required.
- Experience with maintenance and administration of data collection and processing
- Well organized, good filing skills with intrinsic quality control processes.
- Outgoing and able to build positive relationships with construction, subcontractors and the clients.
Other Preferred Training and Skills o Knowledge with 2016 VDOT Road & Bridge Standards and Specifications
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification considered valuable
- Proficient with Microsoft tools such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge with Aconex considered valuable