Figure Skating in Harlem (FSH) is the first organization to combine the power of education with the grace and discipline of figure skating, to give girls 6-18 access to innovative programs that advance their intellectual, emotional and physical health. Our mission is to help girls grow in confidence, leadership and academic achievement. For more than two decades, our award-winning programs have provided low-income girls with access to education, health and wellness services to help them reach their fullest potential. Our vision is for every student, regardless of socioeconomic background, to acquire the foundational academic, social and leadership skills to achieve her dreams. She will be a powerful speaker, an effective leader, live a healthy lifestyle and be a global citizen. Headquartered in Harlem for almost 25yrs, and our first chapter in Detroit – Figure Skating in Detroit is approaching its 5th season.
As part of the academic team, the Teachers Assistant will work under the supervision of the Director of Education. The Teachers Assistant will support classroom instruction and will lead activities that enhance each student’s general knowledge, critical thinking skills and curiosity in areas they will use throughout their lives.
● Support classroom teachers to implement curriculum for girls in 1st-12th grade
● Manage small group activities in a safe, respectful environment
● Assess, monitor and track student progress
● Create and maintain a positive classroom culture while using effective classroom management strategies
● Support students with the creation of any final portfolios and materials
● Encourage positive student behavior that promotes character development
● Maintain meaningful positive rapport with students and parents
● Uphold FSH Values and youth development principles
● Experience working with young people from diverse backgrounds required
● Teaching experience preferred
● Demonstrated ability to be professional, creative, innovative, and flexible
● Attention to detail, superb organization skills
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● DOE fingerprint preferred
Hours: Monday- Thursday 3:30-6:30pm
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Teachers Assistant in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Figure Skating in Harlem values its diverse community and encourages all qualified applicants to apply. Due to the high volume of resumes, FSH may not respond to all who apply. FSH is an equal opportunity employer.