Environmental Technician – Job Description
First Call Environmental is experiencing rapid growth and is seeking a motivated individual to join our team. The Emergency Response Technician is the backbone of our regional operations. Our technicians respond as needed to incidents ranging from minor non-hazardous releases to disaster cleanup operations.
First Call Environmental prefers to promote from within which presents an excellent growth opportunity to hard working individuals.
Responsibilities and Duties
As part of the team, you will be responding to the following:
· Emergency response projects within the region.
· Emergency response projects in other regions.
· Scheduled projects.
· Assistance with inventory, equipment repairs and job preparation.
Qualifications and Skills
We prefer individuals with the following training/experience:
· Emergency services.
· Hazardous materials training.
· Heavy equipment operation.
· Use of powered hand tools such as sawzall, circular saw, powered sweepers etc.
While preferred, we are willing to train the right individuals.
Our requirements are:
· Valid driver’s license with low/no points.
· Reliable transportation to and from designated job location.
· Ability to work in adverse conditions.
· Ability to lift, carry and move up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to stand for extended periods.
· Ability to pass a per-employment criminal background check and drug screening.
· Ability to utilize electronic devices such as smart phone, tablet and computer.
· Ability to drive and safely operate heavy duty pick up truck with enclosed trailer.
· Ability to navigate based on GPS or printed map.
· Ability to complete assigned task quickly and efficiently.
· Ability to follow basic directions.
· Willingness to function as part of a team.
This is an entry level position that offers a competitive hourly rate that is based upon experience.
Job Type: Part-time
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Carole Lewis at Clewis@Firstcallenvironmental.com