FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of 3,780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with Met-Ed, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp.[ME]
Full Time Layout Worker – Engineering
Hourly Rate – $28.43/hour
Partial Job Requirements (Complete requirements are outlined in the Job Specifications.)
- Assists an Engineer or Layout of a higher grade with design of Substation projects and related activities.
- Under close directive supervision prepares accurate AutoCAD drawings for substations and/or transmission lines of a basic nature from marked prints and/or verbal instructions.
- Prepares accurate AutoCAD drawings for substations. This includes but is not limited to: electrical layouts, AC&DC Systems, grounding, oil containment, relay and control schematics and detail wiring diagrams, conduit layouts, control building layouts, one-line diagrams, and Bill of Materials.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- An Associate Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering or related field experience preferred.
- Must have satisfactory completed approved company courses in Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Physics, AC & DC electrical theory, Statics, and Advanced AutoCAD.
- Must be computer literate which includes a working knowledge of Mircosoft Word and Excel.
- The successful candidate must be able to understand and apply any command in AutoCAD to create, dimension, and print models and/or drawings.
- Must have the following skills:
- Use basic CAD equipment to coordinate systems and software used with CAD programs
- Be familiar with drafting equipment media and reproduction methods
- Perform Dimensioning, Geometric Construction and Geometric Tolerancing.
- Accurately perform AutoCAD commands
- Prepare electrical and electronic schematics with AutoCAD
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.