Technical Writing Intern
flexEngage (formerly flexReceipts) is an innovative, retail technology startup headquartered in Downtown Orlando Florida. The company is a graduate of the prestigious business accelerator YCombinator, and is well funded by strong VC firms, including Point Judith Capital, Synchrony Financial, and venVelo.
We are the leading provider of personalized transactional communications for retailers, enabling brands like Under Armour, DXL, Michael Kors, GNC, and 5.11 Tactical, to transform standard transactional touchpoints (receipts, order and ship notifications, packing slips, curbside delivery, order tracking, etc.) into dynamic engagement channels that drive customer loyalty and revenue.
Rather than sending customers standard transaction information, flexEngage enhances every post-purchase touchpoint with deep personalization enabling a seamless brand experience, improved engagement with shoppers and incremental sales.
Under the guidance of the Director of Client Operations and other Client Success Operations team members:
- Assist the teams with maintaining technical and end-user documentation for customers
- Assist the teams with editing instructional videos for customers
- Assist with updating the content on the support site
- Assist with proofreading and testing instructions written by other team members
- Assist with performing email marketing content updates
The position reports to the Director of Client Operations and will require a maximum of 20 hours a week. You can perform the internship in our office, in a remote location, or both. If you are performing the internship in a remote location, you must have access to a reliable internet connection. The internship will last for 1 semester with a possibility of extension to up to 3 consecutive semesters (Spring/Summer/Fall) if the educational institution supports this.
- Technical writing
- Instructional education
- Video editing
- Web content updating
- Marketing email content updating
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Must be enrolled in an accredited 4-year university, preferably in one of the following majors: Technical Education, Technical Writing, Business Writing, Instructional Design and Technology
- Must be able to register the internship to receive academic credit
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Willing to learn and practice using documentation tools such as Apiary, Swagger, HelpNDoc and others
- Willing to learn and practice using screen capture and editing software programs such as Loom, Wondershare and others.
- Experience with word processing programs (Word or Google Docs)
- Experience with working on technical documentation and video presentation in classwork, self-maintained websites or internships a plus
- Willing to learn and practice using content management systems
- Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus but not necessary
- Collaborative and enthusiastic with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Sense of urgency maintaining strict attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and works well independently
- Willingness to learn
- Driven and self-motivated with strong multi-tasking, prioritization and time management skills
The position pays $10-15 per hour plus university credit. it does not guarantee a job offer thereafter.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- Career mentorship
- Passionate founders
- Opportunity to create something – be part of an early stage startup in a fun industry
- Opportunity to make a difference – your work will truly matter
- Great personal upside potential – in learning, earnings, and future exit potential
- Your voice will matter!