Flow Traders is looking for Graduate Traders to join our growing Trading team in New York. The ideal candidate is driven by their competitive spirit and passionate about the financial markets. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
What You Will Do
As a Graduate Trader, you will begin your career at Flow with an extensive 4-month training program at our New York office. During this program, you will learn everything you need to know about our core business, the financial products we trade and the intricacies surrounding our trading processes, including pricing strategies and our proprietary trading systems. It will also include participation in trading simulations and quantitative classes hosted by our Senior Traders and Quantitative Researchers that will further strengthen your understanding of a Trader’s role in the financial ecosystem. After collaborating with your fellow graduate traders on a team project to conclude the training program, you will be assigned to an established trading desk based on your skills and interests. Gradually, you will take on more responsibilities, start monitoring markets and be able to make split-second decisions to contribute to the overall profitability of your desk!
What You Need to Succeed
- University degree, preferably in Finance, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related
- Demonstrable interest in trading and global financial markets
- Understanding of financial products
- Proficiency in Excel, a keen interest in IT systems and an affinity for development languages
- Ability to deliver under pressure, with excellent mental arithmetic and analytical skills
- Ability to spot arising opportunities and the assertiveness to seize them
- An entrepreneurial mindset that thrives on creative problem solving
- Collaborative team player with strong communication skills
- Attracted to a fast-paced, team oriented work environment that offers great challenges and rewards
- Authorization to work in the United States without restrictions
- Submit your resume and motivation letter. Please include why you want to pursue a career in trading.
- Complete an online behavioral traits assessment
- Mental Math Test
- Motivational interviews with HR and Trading
- Final-round case study interview conducted by Senior Traders
Please note that all recruitment processes will be conducted virtually for the time being.
Where permitted by applicable law, all new hires as of August 15, 2021 will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Accommodations related to this requirement will be available for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance coverage
- 401k plan with generous match
- In-house lounge with a bar, game consoles, poker & billiards tables
- Daily catered lunch, cold brew coffee on tap and a fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly table massages and bi-weekly haircuts
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Reimbursed gym membership or home equipment and other wellness initiatives
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
We are excited to provide Summer opportunities for rising sophomores, juniors and seniors during our Trading Business Course, hosted by the New York team every May! Applications open at the start of the spring semester each year or sign up for the Business Course 2022 mailing list here.