Project Engineers have the opportunity to design all types of systems. They are responsible for working with sales to meet with customers, determine system functional requirements and prepare the design and sales proposal. Upon initiation of a job, the Project Engineer (PE) designs the system and prepares CAD drawings so that the Project Manager, Job Superintendent and Installation Technicians can install the job. The PE writes the software required to control the A/V equipment, performs quality control during the assembly of the system racks, and tests the systems before they are shipped to the job site. Frequently, the PE travels to the job site to ensure the job is installed per specification and check on the progress of the installation. The PE is required to meet with the customer, the customer’s representative, the project architect and engineers, the general contractor, and subcontractors throughout the term of the project. The PE is responsible for performing final system testing and balancing. The PE participates in the training of the customer. Every PE is expected to look at all Ford projects with an emphasis on quality design, installation, and service.
• Experience with CAD or AutoCAD
• Knowledge of room acoustics and noise control
• Excellent communication and PC skills
• Solid leadership ability
• Seeking long-term employment
• Ability to travel: Approximately 4 days/ month (depending upon the size & location of the project)
• High standards for personal integrity, work ethic, professional presentation, and quality of work
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Driven by quality customer service
• Personal interest in acoustics, electronics, music, sound, lighting, and/or video systems desired
• Ability to play a musical instrument and/ or read music is preferred
• Programming experience with Crestron /AMX is desired Preferred
• Experience with the design and installation of professional audio, video and lighting systems Preferred
• BSEE, BSECE, BSEET, BSME, BEMET, BSCS, BSPhys Preferred
Salary & Benefits: Ford AV offers a competitive salary and benefits including: medical insurance, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance, paid time off (PTO), 401K (w/ matching fund), profit-sharing, and opportunities for advancement.