Sr. Applications Engineer (COE)
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
Senior Applications Engineer with expert measurement knowledge (theory and practice) in on-wafer semiconductor device test for DC/CV, high power, and optical applications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applicant should be expert in on-wafer semiconductor testing for DC/CV, high power, and optical applications. This position reports into the System Business Unit COE (Center of Expertise), working with an expert team of other Applications Engineers to bring the ‘Voice of the Customer’ into a wide variety of product developmental and support activities. In this role, you will also support the Business Unit technical roadmap development.
- Support NPI activities and product development from feasibility, through implementation, and customer validation. Ensures that products that are developed meet target market need. Recommends product improvements, changes, and enhancements.
- Creation & delivery of technical application training materials for field sales Applications Engineers, writing and publishing of application notes and technical papers for customers and technical events. This position will also provide backup support for worldwide Field/Sales Apps Engineers and sales managers.
- Individual must be a continual learner growing technical expertise & knowledge, attend conferences & customer meetings, and keep up with latest technical measurement techniques and customer needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- BSEE degree or equivalent, Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years (preferred) of combined experience in semiconductor industry applications, development, or product engineering.
- Familiarity with on-wafer probe stations in R&D and production test
- Experience using test instrumentation such as DC parameter analyzers, CV Meters, and oscilloscopes
- Ability to create and deliver technical training materials to field AE’s
- Experience working directly with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success working both independently and in a team environment
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Proficient in MS Office, design tools, ERP applications
- Willingness to travel up to 15% both domestically and internationally.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.