Company Overview for Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A.
Founded in 1978, Formosa Plastics Corporation, U.S.A. (Formosa Plastics) is a growing, vertically-integrated supplier of plastic resins and petrochemicals. With annual revenues of more than $5 billion, we employ over 2,800 people who operate 20 production units in six business divisions – Olefins, Polyolefins, Vinyl, Specialty Polyvinyl Chloride, Chlor-Alkali, and Oil & Gas.
Formosa Plastics offers a full line of polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene and polypropylene resins, caustic soda and other petrochemicals that deliver the consistency, performance and quality that customers demand. We market our polypropylene and polyethylene resins under the Formolene® tradename; we market our suspension PVC and specialty (dispersion) PVC resins under the Formolon® tradename. We also produce and sell caustic soda, ethylene dichloride, commercial bleach and hydrochloric acid.
We are committed to supplying the highest quality products and services to our customers, providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and contributing to the quality of life in the communities where we operate. This commitment is made possible through our dedicated people, consistent products, continued protection of the environment and ongoing investments in new product development, quality control systems and safe, modern and energy-efficient production facilities.
Formosa Plastics is a privately held company headquartered in Livingston, New Jersey. Our core business, producing plastic resins and petrochemicals, takes place at three wholly-owned chemical manufacturing subsidiaries located in Delaware City, Delaware, Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Point Comfort, Texas.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Identify, qualify and present Formosa to prospective customers.
- Effectively present Formosa’s capabilities and portfolio to individual and small groups at the customer level.
- Provide customer feedback to management to enhance overall understanding of customer’s requirements.
- Establish and coordinate effective collaboration between customers and Formosa support and management personnel.
- Establish personal performance goals, review monthly, and ensure progress toward these goals.
- Prepare multiple reports to Sales management, and Customer Support to plan and monitor correct production levels and effective delivery of product to customers.
- Provide market and product feedback to assist in formulation of marketing and sales strategies.
- Introduce new and developmental grades into the marketplace and assist and coordinate communication between various departments to effectively position new Formosa products.
- Monitor, analyze and report both sales and market trends.
- Prepare and present contract and pricing proposals for internal review, and present approved proposals to customers to obtain new business.
- Responsible for managing ongoing customer relationships.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: MINIMUM COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR PRIOR TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three years of experience in the plastics industry.
- Understanding and experience of the various Polyolefins products that Formosa sells.
- Proven leadership ability to influence internal departments to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to organize time effectively.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Confident personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer Skills: Windows, Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Power Point, Words),
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork and customer service; behave professionally; treat others with respect and dignity.
- Physical requirements include duties common to a regular office environment.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- Extensive travel required.
Check Out Our Benefits
Health Coverage and Perks
Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
Flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care
Group Term Life, Dependent and
Supplemental Life Insurance
10 Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off for a balanced life
(Vacation, Sick and Personal Time)
Competitive salary, incentive/bonus, 401(k) plan with match and profit-sharing match,
Cash Balance Pension Plan and equity for all employees