Job Summary: Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens seeks a part-time Cafe Cook to ensure high quality food and customer service for all guests and employees of the Conservatory. This position will average 24-29 hours per week.
- Opens, closes and operates the cafe according to predetermined operational procedures and hours.
- Follows Ohio Department of Health guidelines regarding personal hygiene, food temperature controls, date labels, and product rotation.
- Prepares and presents cold menu items and baked goods for service each morning.
- Prepares ingredients and assembles dishes according to cafe recipes and specifications.
- Sets up and stocks hot line with all necessary menu and back up items for café service.
- Prepares customer orders according to menu or special request, as quickly and neatly as possible, without sacrificing food quality.
- Focuses on outstanding food and service. Prepares orders according to menu or special request, as quickly and neatly as possible, without sacrificing food quality.
- Ensures all food leaving the kitchen is fresh, properly presented, and up to café standards. Runs food to guests as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the work station, kitchen, and storage areas.
- Effectively communicates menu and ingredient needs/information to fellow team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Chef.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 1-3 years’ foodservice experience required, including experience preparing recipes from scratch.
- Experience in customer service within a restaurant or café environment.
- Servsafe certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional knife skills.
- Proficiencies in problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of food preparation and equipment.
- Knowledge of food weights/measurements.
- Knowledge and understanding of safe food handling procedures.
- Ability to work long days, weekends, holidays, and evening hours.
- Ability to stand/walk for several hours at a time.
- Ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds when receiving and storing food and equipment.
Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Conservatory does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, lactation status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other protected status. The Conservatory values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.