Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle. Its interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Its Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division, which is home to more than 70 faculty members, was established to facilitate and enhance the Hutch’s efforts in infectious disease prevention and vaccine development.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Stamatatos Lab, investigates the development of protective antibody responses during viral infections, with emphasis on HIV-1 and SARS-CoV-2, by employing advanced Immunological, Molecular and Bioinformatic tools. The information generated from these studies is used to design immunogens to elicit similar antibody responses by vaccination.
We have two positions for Postdoctoral fellows interested in:
- Investigating the development of B cell and antibody responses against SARS-CoV-2 in adult and pediatric patients
- Investigating the activation and expansion of B cells that produce HIV-1 neutralizing antibodies in immunized humanize murine
- A PhD in Immunology or Microbiology are preferred
- Strong background on T and/or B cell immunity, is important
- Ability to work independently within a very collaborative environment is critical, as are strong written, communication and organizational skills
- Salary will be commensurate with appropriate experience
Applicants must submit:
- Cover letter discussing your interest in this position including statement of research interests and career goals
- Include a separate attachment of at least 3 references – Names and contact information
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our HR Operations at HRops@fredhutch.org or by calling 206-667-4700.