Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
We are seeking a manager and leader who has understanding of the core technology fundamentals such as server engineering, infrastructure, applications, and technology in general, and is interested in managing a team of smart engineers and making a big impact on scientific research. While scientific computing is a unique skillset, we are also interested in hiring a candidate who has the aptitude to learn the discipline while bringing technical knowledge and expertise of others roles held in their career.
The to-be-hired candidate will direct and oversee all facets of technology in scientific computing including managing a highly capable engineer team, engineering functions such as design, development, installation, and maintenance of hardware and software, and customer service and support, for the organization. The manager will partner with faculty and stakeholders in the scientific community to test and integrate new analysis pipelines, determine innovative technologies and software to support their research, evangelize new and current solutions, and foster technology and data storage best practices. The manager will participate in strategic planning and align projects and resources for implementation in partnership with the Project Management Office and Business Operations, and other departments.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the team, ensuring that engineers have what they need to run a world-class HPC and storage environment.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and ongoing career growth and development for talent management.
- Partner with the Project Management Office to manage a portfolio of infrastructure projects, balance operational and project commitments, ensure resource availability and allocation to meet operational and project commitments.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement processes.
- Optimize processes and manage technical debt to reduce the team’s operational burden.
- Support of faculty needs and requirements by way of partnership, evangelism, and as a trusted advisor.
- Lead and co-chairing the Scientific Computing oversight committee.
- Drive documentation efforts to improve the experience of computational researchers of Fred Hutch.
- Ensure the success of all Scientific Computing initiatives.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated leadership of technology operations and operational excellence best practices, systems monitoring, infrastructure management, KPIs and metrics.
- Expert troubleshooting and complex problem-solving skills.
- Commitment and enthusiasm to support our important DEI initiatives.
- Strong communication, facilitation, and presentation skills at all levels and audiences.
- Experience with gathering and documenting analytic/reporting requirements.
- Hands-on experience or knowledge of AWS, GCP, or Azure services preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience or aptitude and willingness technical leadership position or demonstrated aptitude and willingness of managing and leading a technical team.
- Minimum of 5 years systems engineering core fundamentals knowledge and experience (hardware, software, and best practices).
Familiarity of or experience with any or all of the following is a plus:
- Work experience in research, grant-funded, or academic settings (including grant writing).
- Managing Linux systems, storage, and cloud infrastructure.
- Linux performance troubleshooting.
- HPC workload managers and schedulers (e.g., Slurm, Moab, Torque, SGE).
- Storage systems and management: NAS, NFS, SMB, POSIX, NTFS, ZFS, and Object Storage (S3).
- Virtualization/Containerization: VMware, KVM, EC2, Docker, Singularity, LXC, Kubernetes.
- Workflow engines: Cromwell, Nextflow, Luigi, Airflow, CWL/WDL.
- Scripting experience: Bash, Python, or R.
- Source code management: Git, GitHub, GitLab, CI/CD.
- Configuration management, infrastructure as code: Chef, Ansible and Terraform.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in your career or that will be made through work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.