Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) Cancer Research Network is a global cancer research community funded by the National Cancer Institute, which seeks to significantly improve lives through cancer clinical trials and translational research. The SWOG Statistics and Data Management Center is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to support the department with the coordination of administrative functions vital to effective team performance.
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Senior Statistical Analyst or Analytic Section Manager, will collaborate with a team of statisticians, data coordinators and may work with other medical associates. The incumbent receives direct supervision in performing work assignments. The incumbent refers to the manager for all non-routine decisions.
- Maintenance of SWOG studies in the national database clinicaltrials.gov
- Assist in completing registration of trials to clinicaltrials.gov
- Maintain anticipated primary completion date as well as other critical dates
- Coordinate annual updates
- Under the direction of a Statistical Research Associate (SRA), enter trial results and respond to reviewer comments
- Create and evaluate datasets from SWOG trials to be posted to NCI archives or provided to external researchers
- Evaluate datasets used in statistical analyses for manuscripts to identify variables presented
- Create data dictionaries for variables used in manuscript
- Respond to review comments and queries
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for SWOG trial set-up.
- Work with SRA to test study set-up parameters to ensure appropriate study flags are set, appropriate form expectations and calendars are created, the registration/enrollment program is working as expected and the electronic forms and edit checks are working per specifications
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in statistics, biostatistics, public health, or other field with data manipulation experience, and/or 2 years of related experience with data, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of basic statistics and experience working with statistical data
- Some experience or coursework in statistical software for data management and statistical analysis
- Ability to extract key data from scientific papers
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and graphical displays
- Inquisitiveness, desire to learn new skills, quantitative aptitude, along with the ability to think logically and systematically
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, self-motivation and flexibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Capable to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- A cover letter is required for this application
- Some coursework in biology with ability to read and review scientific manuscripts
- Knowledge of data visualization software, e.g. Tableau
- Interest in clinical research
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in your career or that will be made through work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.