Freire Schools is leading the fight for educational equity in the greater Philadelphia region. We are committed to ensuring that every single student in our care can succeed and grow. The Recruitment Team plays a vital role in realizing this vision by creating robust pipelines of applicants who are holistically diverse and representative of our student body.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, our Campus Ambassadors elevate Freire’s presence on their college campus through marketing, small presentations, and identifying student leaders who would be competitive candidates for entry-level instructional positions within the network.
- identify student leaders and organizations on campus throughout the year
- schedule and execute class and student organization presentations throughout the year to build awareness about Freire Schools
- manage and execute a high-visibility marketing and publicity campaign; this may include hanging flyers and/or executing effective email campaigns
Tasks and deadlines from each of these workstreams will be delegated on a monthly basis.
- Earn up to $500 each semester (fall, spring)
- Receive a referral bonus of $1000 for each referral that is hired
- Play a major role in raising awareness about educational inequity and Freire Schools on your campus.
RESUME (AND SKILL!) BUILDER:
- Enhance your professional skills in networking, marketing strategies, and communication
- Freire Schools Swag
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE
- Freire Schools Alumni preferred, but not necessary!
- Enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate institution as a rising sophomore, junior, or senior
- This institution must offer a Teaching Certification program
- Ability to work 2-3 hours a week on a consistent basis
- Ability to attend biweekly check-ins with manager
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and willingness to do “whatever it takes” to get a job done
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
- High level of initiative and personal responsibility
- Detail oriented and results-driven
ABOUT FREIRE SCHOOLS
Freire Schools provides students in underserved communities a college-prep learning experience focused on individual freedom, critical thinking, and problem solving in an environment that emphasizes community, teamwork, and a commitment to peace. We are four distinct schools in two different cities, each guided by the same values of equity, diversity, love, and critical thinking.