Fulgent Genetics is looking for a goal-oriented self-starter to join the Business Development team! Join a fast-growing leader in clinical genetics and genomics and take part in our mission to improve patient health. As science, sequencing technology and bioinformatics continues to evolve, we at Fulgent find ourselves as leaders in this industry in a rare position to not only impact, but to also drive the future direction of healthcare.
● Responsible for business development & sales of Fulgent sequencing, genetic and genomic products and services in the territory.
● Work to continuously promote organic growth of his/her territory to achieve territory sales and revenue goals.
● Analyze sales data, google analytics, current market trends to identify new business opportunities.
● Collect and organize information from his/her local market including the competitive landscape and factors that might be influencing customer behavior.
● Identify client needs and propose appropriate products or services.
● Develop business plans for current and potential clients.
● Participate in everyday business develop functions such as business plan development, marketing, project management, client support, account and relationship management.
● Initiate and maintain contact with clients and prospects.
● Maintain a high level of knowledge of Fulgent’s products and the needs of the market.
● Conduct product/service presentation at sales events, conferences, medical institutions, research institutions, or other business partners.
● Create sales reports for management review.
● Contribute to pricing, promotion, and product strategies based on sales data and analysis.
● Bachelor’s degree in Genetics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or related field of studies. Master’s degree preferred.
● Training or experience in genetic testing or biotech products/services sales is preferred.
● Experience with startup environment.
● General understanding of oncology, neurology, cardiology and pediatrics.
● Strong sense of responsibility and self-initiative.
● Self-motivated, accountable for managing one’s own time.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
● Availability to travel ≥25% of the time