Future Foam, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of polyurethane foam products that has been family owned for over 60 years. Its primary focus is to provide excellent quality and service throughout the manufacturing process. With 27 facilities across the United States and internationally, we take pride in having a culture that fosters an open, trusting and collaborative work environment. Most importantly we put safety first.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with Plant Safety Coordinator on regular safety duties.
- Develops an understanding of our facility’s safety functions.
- Manages a safety project throughout the internship to improve overall safety performance.
- Involves all stakeholders in making decisions.
- Assists with incident investigations, as needed.
- Will perform legitimate safety roles and responsibilities as needed such as, training or leading of safety meetings
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Educational Requirement: Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety, or related field.
· GPA of 2.7 or higher.
· Basic knowledge of Environmental (EPA) Laws and Regulations
· Basic knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) Laws and Regulations.
· Demonstration of the following skills: organization, critical thinking, and teamwork.
· Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Computer Skills: Excellent in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Environment: 70% Office Environment
30% Production Floor