Mortgage Internship Program
Are you interested in a summer experience which is designed to provide you with an opportunity to gain knowledge and exposure to the financial industry? Would you like to participate in hands-on assignments, professional development sessions and establish a network of mentors and industry contacts? If you’re ready to participate in a well-rounded experience, an internship with Trustmark may be the right fit for you.
What to Expect:
As a participant in the Mortgage Internship Program, you will work closely with the underwriter 1’s and II’s to perform the following tasks:
- Initially become familiar with Partners and Image Flow by understanding the 1003 and where to input data as directed by the underwriter, the correct distribution of documents into Image Flow, moving documents, etc.
- Train to run the automated underwriting system for each loan type and make changes in the system based on conditions that were required by the UW II’s.
- Assist with the submission of files to contract underwriting, as well as sending conditions for final approval. With this, they would also understand the differences in the various stages of the approval process and indicate this in the underwriting screen, as the file progresses.
- As a final stage, the interns would work with assigned UW II’s to review and clear conditions. They would gain an understanding of what is and is not acceptable for the condition presented by the underwriter and, subsequently work with processing to ensure that the correct documents are provided that would satisfy the condition.
The career path for the Interns would be to move into the Development Associate program and then move into an Underwriter role.
What We Need:
Trustmark focuses on students who have a demonstrated strong work ethic and leadership skills through academic performance, work experience and campus involvement. In addition, interested students should also:
- Enrolled in a four year or MBA program and be classified as a junior or higher.
- Enrolled in the Undergraduate Majors: Finance, Accounting, Business (depends on position)
- Scheduled to graduate either December 2021 or May 2022
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuine interest in developing a career with Trustmark