Location: Remote (located in the New York or Des Moines Metro Area)
Dates: September 20 – December 10, 2021
Compensation: $825/week stipend
Deadline: July 25, 2021
Due to COVID-19, as a fellow you will work remotely.
Future Leaders in Action Overview:
FLIA cultivates leaders and strengthens youth-oriented nonprofits and organizations through a fellowship program. Fellows, individuals interested in entering the social sector, work on-site full-time at a partner nonprofit to develop or implement a pre-determined enrichment program.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows gain various professional skills including fundraising, communication, program development, in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment.
Artolution believes that through the process of creating collaborative art, diverse communities can come together in times of conflict and social turmoil to address the challenges they face together. Artolution’s projects are organized and facilitated in partnership with local artists, grass-roots organizations, schools and international organizations. Artolution is focused on developing local leaders in the arts to use collaborative art-making as a tool for communities to share their stories with the world.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
You will …
- Assist with improving and implementing Artolution’s social media communications strategy
- Evaluate and implement a strategy that helps maintain a social media presence while sharing current events and programming
- Develop and schedule social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter and bi-weekly newsletters
- Assist with and develop copy and editorial writing for social media and newsletters
- Develop future campaigns
- Actively participate in weekly FLIA professional development responsibilities including check-in calls and virtual weekly leadership workshops
- Attend leadership training retreat – hybrid of virtual and in-person with local fellows and FLIA
By the end of the fellowship, you will have …
- Help create a compelling visual and steady flow of content for social media channels
- Create a strategy for long-term ability to maintain social media presence
- Created an organizational system for image and video assets for social and marketing content
- Fundraised $500 (with guidance and support from FLIA)
- Written two blog articles
- Completed final report and video
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Enthusiastic about communications and ability to self-organize and motivate
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and in a team
A background check is required after a conditional job offer is made.
Future Leaders in Action is an equal employment opportunity employer, and women, people of color, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities, and people with unique lived experience or diverse professional or personal backgrounds and perspectives are encouraged to apply.