Co-Opportunity is a chance for you to learn about your chosen field in a real work environment with experienced GAF professionals. You’ll be involved in high-profile projects as an integral member of our working teams.
We offer full-time assignments to those students who are working toward undergraduate or graduate degrees in chemical, electrical and mechanical engineering.
Each assignment lasts a school term, and you may be invited to return to GAF Corporation for additional terms while you continue your education. During your assignment, you will have a mentor – someone who will act as a coach to help you better understands both our company and your work responsibilities. You will receive a competitive salary and – depending on location – a temporary living allowance or relocation allowance.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing raw material quality assurance activities and material performance.
- Conducting problem solving investigations and troubleshooting to assure root cause is identified, counter measures and recurrence prevention are fully implemented.
- Supporting quality improvement initiatives directly or indirectly with suppliers.
- Providing technical support and analytical analysis for material issues.
- Involvement with data flow diagrams/technical diagrams.
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. All candidates must have a minimum 2.8 GPA, at least sophomore standing.
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Problem solving, project management and communication skills are all necessary as is the ability to operate in a team environment. In addition, candidates must have ability to generate accurate and concise technical reports.
- Candidates should also have computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word. Basic knowledge of MS Visio and Auto CAD.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).