JOB TITLE: Quality Services Co-Op
Looking to build upon your learning and apply your education through an exciting summer opportunity with a $3 billion leader in the building materials industry? Then GAF’s Co-Op Program is for you! GAF products have been designed and made for more than 125 years by talent and innovation emanating from the minds of its employees. All 3,200 of us are champions of our values, some of which include innovation, safety, quality, and integrity, and we work for a company that rewards us for it. That’s why we’ve grown into North America’s leading roofing manufacturer! Come build your future as we build the American dream- one roof at a time.
The Co-Op – Quality Services will lead/manage an independent project(s), will work under the supervision of a senior team member, and will have the opportunity to present a project summary and results to the Operations Management Team.
The project(s) will be designed toward development and evaluation of lab test protocols and correlation to field performance related to:
Product performance Manufacturing process Material Characterization Product/Process Improvement
- Conduct all work activities in a safe manner per established guidelines.
- Maintain work areas in a safe, clean, and orderly fashion on a daily basis following 5S guidelines.
- Report meaningful and unbiased test results and conclusions based on evaluations.
- Conduct problem solving and root cause analysis investigations.
- Perform troubleshooting for instruments and equipment.
- Keep accurate records and documentation.
- Provide support for other team projects.
- Participate in field testing.
- Assist team to develop process flows for product evaluations per warranty, product specifications, and installation instructions.
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical (or Mechanical) Engineering.
- All candidates must have a minimum 2.8 GPA, at least sophomore or junior standing.
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Candidates should also have computer skills in Google, MS Excel, MS Word. Basic knowledge of MS Visio and Auto CAD.
At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and vacation package for all full-time permanent positions.
GAF is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination – As part of our commitment to health and safety, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment in this position. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, please contact HR so that they can engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable state and federal law. If, by the Start Date, you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or have not obtained an approved exemption from the Company for medical or religious reasons, your offer of employment will be rescinded and you will not be eligible for any Company-provided benefits (including under GAF’s Severance Plan) as a result of the recission of your offer.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).