Working with general supervision, the Merchandising Assistant assists the merchandising team with the purchase, promotion, and distribution of GameStop products. The principal business outcome for this position is profitable sales through product assortment, product availability, and competitive pricing. Associate may interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
· Self-started with the ability to take ownership outside of their respective job description to drive the business forward.
· Ability to think quickly, react and take action quickly via current strategy direction.
· Deep understanding and ability to digest data quickly in order to make smart business decisions.
- Assist Merchants with vendor meetings and communications, product analysis, marketing contracts, advertised product deliveries and purchasing reports.
- Assist Merchants with the set up and tracking of all new release titles.
- Generate and distribute weekly merchandising reports.
- Provide support for inventory management: request and implement price protections, help negotiate returns, markdowns, and category rankings.
- Maintain reservation SKUs.
- Draft and maintain marketing contracts and implement in-store marketing initiatives.
- Coordinate with vendors and internal partners to ensure that premium and promotional materials are delivered on time to stores.
- Review daily reports, including the receiving summary, DC problem receipt and slow-moving titles report and take appropriate action to resolve issues.
- Assist Merchants and other merchandising personnel as needed or required.
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace.
- Work collaboratively and form joint partnerships with Buyers, Analyst, Logistics, Accounting, Marketing, other departments, and vendors within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simply processes, reduce costs, prevent loss, and to ensure that work is completed safely, accurately, and on time.
- Responsible for adhering consistently with all employment policies as stated in the employee handbook provided or as provided by his or her supervisor.
- Model the high level of customer service expected of all GameStop associates including, but not limited to, responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others’ feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate.
- Model team commitment by adhering to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfilling team responsibilities; and demonstrating personal commitment to the team by being cooperative, collaborative, and flexible.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, merchandising, or related field from an accredited program required; additional education in retail merchandising, buying, marketing, and business analytics preferred.
- 1-2 years of related professional experience preferred; closely related work experience may be used as a substitute closely related work experience may be used as a substitute.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel; writing formulas and creating flexible, detailed, accurate spreadsheets.
- Proficient knowledge in Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Proficient analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proficient quantitative analysis, financial analysis, and budget forecasting skills
- Proficient vendor or external partner management
- Proficient ability working with financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow)
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership.
- Ability to recognize discrepancies/errors in written/recorded data/information including the ability to initiate and respond to work errors in a professional manner, working collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
- Working presentation skills to effectively present information to an audience of varying responsibility within the company
- Proficient ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.