We are looking for a full time Software Engineer Intern to develop embedded or application software for products at our Chandler, Arizona office. They will test software, perform software releases, quality assurance activities and performance maintenance activities on real Garmin products.
Essential functions and responsibilities in this role include:
- New product design and development
- Troubleshooting basic issue reports & implementing software solutions
- Communicating status of work & providing visibility to supervisor
- Learning how to use & apply various engineering tools as needed for the role
- Planning technical work to meet team objectives
- Applying design standards and procedures to implement basic designs
- Thoroughly documenting work in an organized manner
- Working collaboratively in a team environment to achieve individual & team goals
Qualified candidates for this role will have completed coursework in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a field relevant to perform the essential functions of this job description with a minimum cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0.
Other requirements include:
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must demonstrate relevant experience and/or training in a low, mid, or high-level language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or other selected languages
- Must possess relevant experience and/or training in data structures or object-oriented design methodology relevant to Garmin’s business need
- A cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 and previous experience working in a team environment is highly preferred!
Garmin Intern Perks:
- Social activities and service opportunities planned for interns
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Test cutting-edge Garmin products before they are released
- No formal dress code
- Assigned mentor to answer your questions and help you grow in your technical skillsets
- Associate discount on consumer products
- Paid, coordinated housing or stipend option for interns whose permanent address is located more than 50 miles from Garmin HQ
- Housing stipend option for those at field locations (non-Olathe) whose permanent address is located more than 50 miles from the field location
- If you join us full-time, your time as an intern counts towards becoming fully vested with your 401K
- Waived registration fees for Garmin-approved races
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping associates maintain a healthy balance between work and life, we sponsor company-wide and individual wellness initiatives, as well as world-class sporting events—and even some of the participating athletes. In each of the communities in which we do business, Garmin has a strong philanthropic and civic presence.
- Applicants will be considered for all U.S. locations; this excludes Salem, Oregon.
- Applicants will also be considered for all SWE internship positions open at Garmin, excluding Salem, Oregon.
- Applicants will be considered for all Garmin business segments (i.e., Aviation, Fitness, Marine, Outdoor, Auto OEM, Consumer Automotive, etc.).
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.