Job Position: Associate, Gasthalter & Co. (Chicago)
We are seeking an energetic and curious individual who is interested in joining a growing boutique strategic communications firm positioned at the leading edge of the issues driving today’s business agenda. This person must love to write, have an interest in the financial markets, have strong written and oral communication skills, knowledge of the media landscape, a passion for rewarding work and thrive in a collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment. Associates work closely with all members of the team and are responsible for a number of project support functions.
- Provide corporate and strategic communications support to a diverse selection of clients, including venture capital, trading, cryptocurrency funds, hedge funds, private equity, real estate, public and privately held corporations, and high-profile individuals.
- Assist in development of written materials, such as press releases, letters, talking points, presentations, scripts and Q&A for internal and external audiences.
- Assist in the development of comprehensive corporate positioning/reputation management programs, long-term communications, in-depth research, and media relations assignments, and special situation projects (e.g. investor-related issues, proxy campaigns, litigation support, management changes, M&A, restructurings, crises, etc.),
- Develop and maintain close relationships with top-tier journalists across a wide range of publications, industries and geographies; conduct outreach to reporters to pitch stories, manage inbound media inquiries, coordinate client interviews, and develop media lists.
- Assist with business development initiatives, including participating in new client meetings, conducting detailed research and analysis, and developing proposal materials.
- Monitor media coverage and social media outlets for relevant news in real time.
- Strong background in media relations, investor relations and/or corporate communications, with at least 3+ years of experience preferred.
- Experience in corporate communications, financial services, legal or asset management related communications preferred.
- Deep interest in corporate/strategic communications, Wall Street/investment management and media relations.
- Impeccable attention to detail, high standards for work product and ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent multi-tasking, analytical, research, written and verbal communications, and organizational skills.
- Established media relationships at top-tier global newspapers and trade press preferred.
- Ability to work in a growing, entrepreneurial and collaborative team environment with enthusiastic, high energy and a “can do” approach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Chicago Associate Application – [Full Name]”
We are currently accepting applications for the Associate position on a rolling basis.
About Gasthalter & Co.
Gasthalter & Co. is a premier boutique strategic communications and media relations firm focused exclusively on providing senior level counsel to leading hedge funds, private equity, real estate and other alternative investment managers, public and privately held corporations and high-profile individuals. We have significant expertise working with companies to manage communications and media relations surrounding special situations and crises, M&A and other transactions, proxy contests, litigation and management succession. With offices in New York and Chicago, Gasthalter & Co. serves clients worldwide. You can learn more at www.gasthalter.com.
Gasthalter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.