Entry-Level Position at Gasthalter & Co., a boutique strategic communications firm
We are seeking an energetic and curious individual who is interested in corporate/strategic communications, investment management/Wall Street and media relations as well as joining a growing firm positioned at the leading edge of the issues driving today’s news. Junior Associates work closely with all members of the team and are responsible for a number of project support functions. As part of the team, you will work with clients on long-term communications, research, and media relations assignments and special situation projects (e.g. investor-related issues, proxy campaigns, litigation support, management changes, M&A, restructurings, crises, etc.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Well-developed research and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively and efficiently in order to juggle and execute on multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Interest in corporate/strategic communications, investment management and media relations
- Ability to work in a growing, entrepreneurial and collaborative team environment with enthusiastic, high energy and a “can do” approach
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Natural curiosity and inclination to learn in fast-paced, exciting environment
- Conducting in-depth, comprehensive research on a variety of topics and sectors
- Monitoring media coverage and social media outlets for relevant news in real time
- Developing media relationships and interacting with editors/reporters from top-tier global press; creating media lists; conducting outreach to reporters and handling inbound media inquiries
- Drafting, reviewing, and/or editing various written communications materials including press releases, letters, Q&A, scripts
- Liaising with client contact via email and phone
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Junior Associate Application New York – [Full Name]”
We are currently accepting applications for the Junior Associate position on a rolling basis.
About Gasthalter & Co.
Gasthalter & Co. is a premier boutique strategic communications and media relations firm focused exclusively on providing senior level counsel to leading hedge funds, private equity, real estate and other alternative investment managers, public and privately held corporations and high-profile individuals. We have significant expertise working with companies to manage communications and media relations surrounding special situations and crises, M&A and other transactions, proxy contests, litigation and management succession. With offices in New York and Chicago, Gasthalter & Co. serves clients worldwide. You can learn more at www.gasthalter.com.
Gasthalter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.